The Food Pyramid Diagram Is Still The Greatest Way To Get Good Nutrition

I brought my son to our family doctor for his yearly checkup, and thankfully everything was well. Our doctor informed me that he was very impressed that my son was very healthy and do not seem to lack in any vitamins or nutrients as he very well knew I do not give my son any kind of multivitamin or food supplement at all. And know what? I almost really laughed when our doctor asked me what my secret was, and of course, I informed him that there was no secret at all, and that I simply stick to the food pyramid diagram as carefully as possible.

My very first encounter with their nutrition recommendations came when I was about eight years old. I had been sitting in my third-grade class, and our teacher pulled out the food pyramid diagram and taped it to the chalkboard and began to explain what it meant.

The food guide pyramid is made up of several food groups of which the bread and grains group is at the bottom of the diagram. This is when I become aware of the quantity of calories an individual should take for a day should come from this food group. These foods are rich in carbohydrates which is our major source of energy. It is recommended to include in your meal plan six to eleven servings daily from this food group as they are also low in fat and cholesterol.

A great tip to anyone who wants to get more healthy whole wheat in their diet is to make their own bread. Yes! Making bread is easier more than ever with the help of the powerful and durable Zojirushi BBCC X20 Bread Machine. Now you can make your own bread at home hassle-free and fast, just put in your ingredients and your choice of nutritional add-ons like sprouts, nuts, dried fruits or even herbs, this can simply make your bread turn into yummy treats.

After talking about bread, my teacher moved up the diagram to show us the fruits and vegetable groups and encouraged us to try to consume at least six to eight servings combined per day of fruits and vegetables, saying that the calories from this group are negligible, but the nutritional value was extremely high.

The next upper food group is composed of the meats, poultry, fish, and dairy products. Also included in this group are dried beans, eggs, and nuts. These foods are good sources of protein, iron, and zinc. Dairy products are rich in calcium, vitamins and minerals. These foods should be eaten in moderation especially meats while they are vital for our health if taken in excess they are known to cause health related difficulties within the future.

At the really top of the diagram was the oils, fats and sweets group, which she told us we truly wanted to limit every day, mainly because if they have been not eaten in moderation, they could cause us numerous health difficulties inside the future.

Being the diligent student that I was, I asked where I could get a copy with the food pyramid diagram, and she was kind enough to give me one. I took it home and memorized it and started making sure that I ate what I should, each day.

Today staying healthy includes hygiene, getting plenty of exercise, keeping your immune system strong, and staying away from drugs. However, let's not forget that a lifetime habit of good nutrition and balanced diet is still the core of being healthy. As for me, even with all the new adverts about instant nutrient supplements, I would rather stick to my food guide diagram.

http://www.articlesbase.com/supplements-and-vitamins-articles/the-food-pyramid-diagram-is-still-the-greatest-way-to-get-good-nutrition-2690515.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Unlocking the Secrets of the Food Pyramid: Maximizing Nutritional Benefits

In our quest for a healthy lifestyle, understanding the secrets of the food pyramid is crucial. The food pyramid serves as a guide to help u...

Food Pyramid Diagram

Food Pyramid Diagram